Badcock Home Furniture - Salesman lied to me about the quality of the product

55 of 127 Badcock Home Furniture reviews

I bought a "leather" sofa 3 years ago.I was assured that it would last for a long time.

But soon the "leather" started to peel. when I came back to the store - the Manager told me that the sofa is not leather. After I registered a complain with the customer service they told me that they can't help me. I didn't get extended warranty.

But why should I get extended warranty when I was assured at the time of the sale that the sofa was real leather?

Please let me know what should I do to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Badcock Home Furniture Leather Sofa
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #666313

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Badcock Home Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
55 of 127 Badcock Home Furniture reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 21 #1201880 San Diego, California, United States

So sad, the leather was not drum dyed which means the color is drenched through the leather, this is painted leather probably from China. Next time try to pick up a great American brand like Bernhardt or whatever through personal ads of resale etc. Upper end homes selling is a far better bet. I bought 2 sofas worth $6k new for $200.00 and love them so much. I am sorry you had to go through this though.

0 0 Reply

Sep 18, 2015 #1035821 Leeds, Alabama, United States

looks just like the "leather sofa" i bought. i did buy extended warranty. more money down the drain. tech came, took pictures, assured us it would be fixed in a couple days. 2 weeks later we called and were told claim denied. fake leather is not covered for falling apart as this is what it is designed to do. sell more sofas this way. not to me though.

0 0 Reply
Mike_mn

Aug 01, 2015 #1014449

Most "leather" furniture is covered with a thin veneer of either leather, or, a simulated leather.
Unless you pay big bucks for actual real, thick, leather... stay away from those discount leather furniture.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.