Mulberry, FL, USA
1.4
Style and Design

My name is Kimberly Smith I am the caregiver for Patrick and Nancy Marvin. Mr.

Marvin bought a wallsaver lift chair for his wife about a year ago. His wife lives, eats and sleeps in this chair. She cannot even get up to go to the bathroom without it. The remote control went out on 6/4/18.

Mr Patrick called the Badcock store in Salisbury, NC to let them know to order one ASAP. They told him it would be 2 weeks before it can be shipped to his house. Him and his son got it to work again, but only lasted 4 days and then it went out again. He then called the Salisbury store on 6/11/18 and told them to please get the remote here sooner, it was urgent.

They then told him there was nothing they could do. When my shift started on 6/12/18 and I walked in the house they both were miserable and got no sleep and she even urinated in the chair then I called the corporate office and talked to Maria in customer service. I explained to her how urgent it was to get this remote shipped ASAP. She said she would do whatever she could.

Mr. Patrick got a call from her the next, which was my day off and asked for the correct serial number and he gave it to her. I then called on 6/13/18 at 1:15 pm and asked to speck with Maria, was told she was in a meeting and asked for them to tell her to call me back. My shift was fixing to end and so I called her again at 2:45 pm and then I was told she was at lunch.

I then called the next day and asked to speck with a supervisor and then she got on the phone. By this time I was in tears seeing how much my client was suffering without her chair. I told them many times how urgent it was to get this remote to my client. Never got anything accomplished, just the run around.

My client has been a very loyal customer and has bought many items from your store in Salisbury,NC. I can promise he will never ever shop at Badcocks again. This is unacceptable and I will make sure this is will known how my clients were treated.

I will let everyone know not to ever buy from Badcocks if this is the way they treat the elderly. All I can say Is shame on you, what if this was your mom.

Product or Service Mentioned: Badcock Home Furniture Customer Care.

Preferred solution: My clients deserve an apology and be compensated for the way they have had to suffers..

I didn't like: Horrible customer service.

Company wrote 0 private and 1 public responses to the review from Jun 15.

Comments

I do not believe this about this company. Some people actually spend time and energy helping people so I can appreciate her trying to help these folks but something is just not right.

It’s also possible that this lady was just too pushy and not excercising some patience with the customer service department. I will venture to guess this was resolved very quickly.

ReasonableDormouse
to Bev #1541687

You are so wrong, they did not care about the situation this lady was in. Do not comment, if you do not have the facts about this situation. You have NO IDEA how bad this was for my client.

ReasonableDormouse
to Bev #1541688

No, they took their time in getting this to her. I have spread the word about how uncaring this company is.

Get your facts straight before you comment on this situation. You were not there and you do not have no idea how many times I called and every-time they avoided me.

Evidently your a person that does not care about the elderly. Nobody but I know what this lady went through for almost 2 weeks.

W.S.BadcockCares
Badcock Home Furniture Verified Representative

We are so sorry to hear about your need for a replacement remote. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

We see you've already spoken to our Corporate Team, and they are working on a resolution with you. Thank you for your patience.