I visited the store in Jefferson city, TN on Black Friday 11-25-16.I spoke to a rep.

at length about purchasing a lift chair for my 87 year old mother. After lengthy discussion and operational review, I like the chair and asked the rep. about the return policy. It was a Christmas gift, therefore my mother would not see or be able to try the chair until minimally Christmas Day.

He said at least 1 week after Christmas. We went to the counter and purchased the chair. I asked for something in writing on the return policy to which the rep. said he would write something on the bill of sale.

I asked to see store policy and he spoke to the manager. The manager who was very abrupt and definitely not customer friendly, said it was ten days from purchase. You would have thought they were slammed by the abruptness, however nobody else was in the store. He said they had not been contacted by corporate however maybe by the 28th or 29th, they would be able to ascertain if it would go into January, due to it being a Christmas.

Finding this all rather unusual, I told them to cancel the sale. Supposedly after several minutes of uncertainty on how to cancel a purchase they said they did. They had already processed my debit card. I asked for paperwork to show the cancellation, which they would not provide.

They said it the entire transaction had been made null and void. In actuality they did not cancel my debit card purchase or stop the sale. It was taken out of my account on that day. I made several calls in an attempt to get this matter resolved with no return calls.

Then out of the clear blue I received a check on 12-5-16 for the refund. Very poor return policy for Christmas gifts. No management assistance whatsoever.

I would suggest going to a more customer friendly store with a more knowledgeable management.There should have been a way to resolve this that day and allow for inspection by mother and return if need be.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of a product or service and associated monetary loss in the amount of $650. Badcock Home Furniture needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned a product or service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Badcock Home Furniture.

Had an Experience with Badcock Home Furniture?

Comments